Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Floor and Walls

Well when I removed all the birch plywood from the walls and the 1/2 inch plywood from the floors I removed all the old fiberglass insulation (itchy itchy work) and repaired the sometimes missing wall studs

The area where the walls meet the floor was rotted completely all the way around the entire Anderson I replaced the rotted boards (that means all of them) with treated 2"x 6" that got bolted down to the frame of the Anderson and then attached to the walls in some of the photos you can see the temporary braces to hold up the roof and the walls while fixing the floor

Anderson Coach was the first company to use in floor heating  that s what the channels in the insulation are in a future post I will explain it more!

I removed 1, 4' x 8' sheet of plywood at a time until I had the whole front of the Andersons floor removed then after fixing the walls to the new floor edges, I cut new 3/4" plywood and screwed it down with 2 1/4" screws this is the front half of the Anderson next post will show you the back half

the doors would have to be the most complicated area the rear door was the worst!! put that is the next post

All in all the Anderson is now better than it was new on the floor and most of the walls next stop is the cellings and the rest of the walls but that has to wait until winter is over

Winter has helped with one thing the design of the interior is almost done and I have a ton of stuff I pick up at yard sales and Goodwill to decorate with!! gotta love a bargin!!



  

No comments: